Are you considering building a timber frame home or structure? A timber home is a significant investment, so it is important to do your research. We’ve listed just a few advantages of timber buildings to help you along your way.
- Act as carbon sinks
- Light and environmentally friendly
- Well suited to eco-sensitive, hard-to-reach sites or unstable soil conditions
- Minimal disturbance to existing vegetation
- Materials used in timber construction have fire ratings of up to 2 hours
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Energy efficient
- Require much lower processing energy
- Warmer in winter and cooler in summer
- Erected and completed in a third of the time it would take to build with brick and mortar
- Quicker and easier alterations and extensions
- Lightweight, strong and durable
Be sure to do your homework before you commence with your timber construction project and engage the services of an Institute for Timber Construction South Africa (ITC-SA) Timber Frame Builder Member for complete peace of mind.
Comments are closed.