A Roof Inspector Training Course will be hosted at the Institute for Timber Construction South Africa (ITC-SA) head office (SAFCA Building, 6 Hulley Road, Isando) from 28-30 August 2017 (from 8 am to 4 pm each day). The cost is R5500 [excl. VAT] per person.
This course has been CPD accredited by the Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA). ECSA CPD Accredited Validation No ITCSA-INS0817.
The course will include the following:
• Basic roof terminology
• Basics of timber design including loads
• Bracing of roofs covered in detail
• Emphasis on lightly loaded roofs versus heavily loaded roofs
• Differences between residential and commercial roofs
• Many case studies will be shared from 30 years’ experience in the roofing industry
• Two different site visits
• Written evaluation (not compulsory, but if you wish to receive a certificate from Roof Inspection Services, it will be awarded to all candidates who pass the evaluation)
You should preferably have a year or more of post-matric education with science and mathematics, matric with involvement in roofs or Recognised Prior Learning (RPL).
Engineers who are interested in expanding their knowledge and expertise in timber roof structures will greatly benefit from this informative course.
For bookings and to request a VAT invoice please email Hilary Booth at Roof Inspection Services email address firstname.lastname@example.org.
The final date for registration and payment of the course fee is Thursday 24 August 2017.
• Note that, while every attempt will be made to give attendees a thorough education in roof inspection, we as Roof Inspection Services do NOT commit to employ anyone as a roof inspector.
Comments are closed.