TRAINING PROVIDERS THAT MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA CAN OFFER SKILLS PROGRAMMES COMPRISING ONE OR MORE OF THESE UNIT STANDARDS:
- The training provider must be accredited by the relevant Sector Education and Training Authority (Seta).
- In the case of these unit standards the provider must be registered with the Seta responsible for the unit standard.
- There are two Setas involved: The Construction Education and Training Authority (CETA) and the Fibre Processing & Manufacturing (FP&MSeta).
- The provider must have at least one assessor qualified and experienced in the unit standard(s) to be assessed.
- The assessor must be registered with the relevant Seta to assess learners against the unit standard(s).
- The provider must have a qualified and experienced moderator who is registered with the relevant Seta.
- The provider is responsible for managing and registering the learners on the Seta’s Learner Management System.
- Employers and providers who intend to apply for Discretionary Grants must ensure that the Skills Programme comprises a minimum of 46 credits.
- When in doubt check with the Seta.
|UNIT STD ID||UNIT STANDARD TITLE||NQF LEVEL||CREDITS||RESPONSIBLE SETA|
|117261||Demonstrate an understanding of timber roof truss manufacturing environment||1||10||FP&MSETA|
|14891||Erect roof trusses||2||14||CETA|
|117264||Identify, collect and move timber for roof truss manufacturing||2||15||FP&MSETA|
|117267||Receive, sort and store incoming material into grades and sizes in a roof truss manufacturing environment||2||15||CETA|
|119071||Prepare, manufacture and erect roof trusses||2||15||CETA|
|14676||Erect roof trusses||3||16||CETA|
|14679||Manufacture timber roof trusses||3||6||CETA|
|14958||Erect and brace roof structure||3||15||CETA|
|14960||Install roof covering||3||15||CETA|
|14961||Manufacture and construct site-made/bolted trusses||3||15||CETA|
|117263||Set jig, assemble, press, handle and store nail plated timber roof trusses||3||20||CETA|
|117271||Load and off-load trusses and auxiliary material and all other hardware products||3||20||FP&MSETA|
|117272||Cut and prepare timber for roof truss assembly||3||20||FP&MSETA|
|14423||Organise and control roof carpentry activities||4||6||CETA|
|14957||Construct/manufacture and erect specialist site-made/bolted trusses||4||8||CETA|
|117266||Manage health and safety measures in relevant workplace in timber roof truss plant||4||15||FP&MSETA|
|117270||Inspect and quality assure timber roof truss products and documentation||4||20||FP&MSETA|
|263762||Apply knowledge and understanding of truss manufacturing in recommendations made for roof design||4||5||FP&MSETA|
|263764||Estimate the quantity of material required for a roof design||4||5||FP&MSETA|
|263775||Demonstrate an understanding of the impact of wind on roof engineering design||4||10||FP&MSETA|
|263776||Demonstrate knowledge of industry legislation, the various stakeholders, their responsibilities, and compliance requirements||4||10||FP&MSETA|
|263777||Apply knowledge and understanding of roof terminology and concepts||4||4||FP&MSETA|
|263794||Apply knowledge and understanding of roof erection document requirements||4||3||FP&MSETA|
|263795||Apply knowledge and understanding of structural material in the roofing industry||4||6||FP&MSETA|
|263814||Explain the dynamic interaction of the various elements to a functional roof structure||4||4||FP&MSETA|
|263818||Recommend material best suited for roof design||4||5||FP&MSETA|
|263841||Identify the structural material specification for a roof design||5||4||FP&MSETA|
|263842||Demonstrate an understanding of a roofing business environment||5||10||FP&MSETA|
NOTE: THE UNIT STANDARD CREDITS COUNT TOWARDS QUALIFICATIONS AND ARE NOT CPD POINTS