The Institute for Timber Construction South Africa (ITC-SA), the South African engineered timber structure industry’s professional body, is looking to hire a Gauteng-based individual for the role of Engineering Support, reporting to the National Coordinator, to offer technical support and training nationally.
Position title: Engineering Support
Reporting to: ITC-SA National Coordinator
Employment type: Full time
Location: Isando, Gauteng
Company: The Institute for Timber Construction South Africa (ITC-SA)
Min. Education level: Degree
Experience required: Minimum 10-15 years
Remuneration: Monthly remuneration in line with experience and skill set. To be discussed.
Application deadline: None
Requirements (not negotiable):
Applicants should have a minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in the roof design and construction sector, with a track record of experience in training large groups, as well as excellent presentation skills. The successful applicant will be an ECSA-registered Pr. Eng and hold a BSc in Civil Engineering or a recognized qualification (NQF level 6) in the built environment.
Valid driver’s license and own reliable transport essential. Must be flexible for regular travelling.
- Computer literacy (Excel, Word & PowerPoint)
- Motivated and a passion for the industry
- Structural software knowledge essential
- Knowledge of new design codes
- Ensure compliance with design standards
- Training and guiding junior engineers while monitoring their work
- Inspection and certification
- Investigation of complaints
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Quality control
- Representation at technical committees/meetings
- Honest and reliable
- Highly organised
- Attention to detail
- Any added office or site duties as required
How to apply:
Send the following via email, addressed to Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line, ‘ITC-SA Engineering Support’:
- Your 2 page CV, including contactable references and salary expectation
- A copy of your ID
- A cover letter stating why you are suitable for this position
Please note: Applicants who do not meet the requirements of a specific position applied for cannot be assured of a personal response. However, your CV will be kept on file for future reference.
There is no deadline for applications for this position. Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate has been hired.
About the ITC-SA:
The Institute for Timber Construction (ITC-SA) is the South African engineered timber structure industry’s professional body, striving to create and maintain the highest standards in the sector, thereby affording the trade and consumer the protection that comes with a safely erected and inspected timber roof, home or deck.
For more information about the ITC-SA, visit www.itc-sa.org.
Comments are closed.