The Institute for Timber Construction South Africa (ITC-SA), the South African engineered timber structure industry’s professional body, is looking to hire a Junior Administrative Assistant to handle various administrative tasks in support of the Institute’s National Coordinator.
Employment type: Full time
Location: Isando, Gauteng
Company: The Institute for Timber Construction South Africa (ITC-SA)
Min. Education level: Grade 12
Experience required: Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in an administrative capacity.
Remuneration: Monthly remuneration in line with experience and skill set. To be discussed.
Application deadline: None
Applicants should have a minimum of 3 years’ work experience in an administrative capacity. Must be a highly organised, motivated, self-disciplined self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and be inclined to play a supportive role.
Valid driver’s license and own reliable transport essential. Must be willing to run errands locally.
- Organised & attention to detail
- Well-spoken & presented
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy (Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook)
- Honest & reliable
- Can work without supervision & under pressure
- Office administration skills
- Hard worker & fast learner
- Able to multi-task
- Deadline driven
- Update members’ contact details on database
- Distribute all correspondence including meeting agenda and minutes to members
- Answer telephone
- Assist with general enquiries
- Receive and communicate audit results to members
- Purchase stationery
- Receive and process membership applications
- Issue member certificates
- Arrange meetings
- Catering (order lunch for meetings when necessary)
- Prepare meeting packs
- Receive and process course enrolments, distribute course material and results to students
- Arrange exam venues and invigilators
- Co-ordinate member audits (when required)
- Collection of Board Members at the airport
- Manage diary for National Coordinator
How to apply:
Send the following via email, addressed to Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line, ‘ITC-SA Junior Administrative Assistant’:
- Your 2-page CV, including contactable references
- A copy of your ID
- A cover letter stating why you are suitable for this position
Please note: There is no deadline for applications for this position. Applications for will be accepted until such time as a suitable candidate has been hired.
About the ITC-SA:
The Institute for Timber Construction (ITC-SA) is the South African engineered timber structure industry’s professional body, striving to create and maintain the highest standards in the sector, thereby affording the trade and consumer the protection that comes with a safely erected and inspected timber roof, home or deck.
For more information about the ITC-SA, visit www.itc-sa.org.
Comments are closed.