Employment type: Full time
Company: The Institute for Timber Construction South Africa (ITC-SA)
Min. Education level: Grade 12
Experience required: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the timber roof truss industry.
Remuneration: Monthly remuneration in line with experience and skill set. To be discussed. Application deadline: None
The Institute for Timber Construction South Africa (ITC-SA), the South African engineered timber structure industry’s professional body, has a vacancy for a Durban-based representative to handle various administrative tasks, including public relations, meeting minutes, marketing, and member liaison, among others, on behalf of the Institute in the area.
Applicants should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the timber roof truss industry and have a firm grasp and current knowledge of this sector. Must be a highly organised, motivated, self-disciplined self-starter with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail and a passion for the industry.
Valid driver’s license and own reliable transport essential. Must be willing to travel locally and nationally on occasion.
- Public Relations
- Handle queries from the public and supply information when required.
- On request from the ITC-SA, investigate complaints to ensure that all members have conducted their business in accordance with the Code of Ethics and that consumer interests have not been abused by members.
- Branch Committee Meetings
- Chair General Branch Meetings in accordance with the Branch Rules.
- Prepare agenda, record minutes and report to National Coordinator.
- Conduct visits to built environment stakeholders and professional specifiers in the building industry to promote the ITC-SA.
- Conduct presentations when required
- ITC-SA Liaison
- Member Visits to:
- Timber Frame Builders
- Deck Builders
- Local Authorities
- SA Valuers (ABSA)
- Banking Institutions
- ITC-SA Committee Representation
- TEAC (Timber Engineering Advisory Committee)
- SABS (South African Bureau of Standards)
How to apply:
Send the following via email addressed to Amanda at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line, ‘ITC-SA Representative’:
- Your 2 page CV, including contactable references and salary expectation
- A copy of your ID
- A cover letter stating why you are suitable for this position
Please note: There is no deadline for applications for this vacancy. Applications for will be accepted until such time as a suitable candidate has been hired.
About the ITC-SA:
The Institute for Timber Construction (ITC-SA) is the South African engineered timber structure industry’s professional body, striving to create and maintain the highest standards in the sector, thereby affording the trade and consumer the protection that comes with a safely erected and inspected timber roof, home or deck.
For more information about the ITC-SA, visit www.itc-sa.org.
Comments are closed.