Who we are
The ITC-SA is a registered NPC, SAQA recognised Professional Body and ECSA recognised Voluntary Association.
Its role is to promote the interests of consumers, members and related stakeholder in the prefabricated timber roof truss industry.
Our vision is to create and maintain the highest standards
in the engineered timber roofing industry in South Africa.
The ITC-SA has a well established national infrastructure divided into four regions covering all 9 provinces. The Institute’s head office is located in Johannesburg, Gauteng.
What we do
The ITC-SA exists to serve its members, industry stakeholders and consumers by maintaining the highest standards in the engineered timber roofing industry.
The ITC-SA provides the following services to its members and the engineered timber industry:
SAQA Recognised Professional Body
Recognised by the ECSA
as a Voluntary Association
The ITC-SA is recognised by the following key industry stakeholders in the development of industry norms and standards associated with timber engineered products.
- The National Home Builders Registration Council (NHBRC)
- The National Regulator for Compulsory Specifications (NRCS)
- The Department of Public Works (DPW)
- The Engineering Council of South Africa (ECSA)
- The South African Council for the Architectural Profession (SACAP)
- The SA Council for the Quantity Surveying Profession (SACQSP)
- The Banking Association of South Africa (BASA)
- Agrément South Africa (ASA)
- The South African Institution of Civil Engineering (SAICE) Structural Division (SSD)
- The South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) in the Areas of Timber and Civil Engineering
- South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA)
- Fibre Producing and Manufacturing SETA (FP&M SETA)
- Construction SETA (CETA)
- South African Technical Auditing Services (Pty Ltd.) (SATAS)
- Sawmilling South Africa (SSA)
- The South African Wood Preservers Association (SAWPA)